Sunday 14 August 2011

Germany Day One


Its official I have landed in Germany. Oh boy!

Customs was easy, had to say where I was going and get my passport stamped. Five seconds.

I quickly ducked in the ladies washroom to make myself presentable, yeah right.  I look liked The Night of the Living Dead.  There was nothing I could really do with my carry-on stuff to fix this look.  Hopefully the relatives understand I been on plane for long time.    

My Opa (Grandpa) and Maureen came to pick me up from the airport, and drove me back to Erika and Conrad’s house.  I was told it was about an hour drive from the airport – I was misinformed.  It was only 15-20 minutes and we arrived.  The best part, the Autobahn – where we were doing an average of 130-140. 

After meeting Erika and Conrad, we of course have to eat.  Breakfast again for me, then it’s off to bed for sleep.  It was 7:30 in the morning when I arrived, but around 1:00 in the morning my time.  I needed sleep!!

After couple of hours nap, I meet the rest of the family.

My goal for this trip is to meet a young dashing single Duke. I am on my way to meeting this goal, today the Mayor stopped by to congratulate Erika and Conrad on their 50th wedding anniversary. The Mayor brought a huge, I mean huge gift basket for the couple and enjoyed cake with us.

After we went to a Chapel to have a small service in regards to the 50th.  The Chapel was located where the old people live till they die, (they could not think of English word for seniors home - too funny).

After back to Erika and Konrads place for - you guessed it - drink and food.

Long day - off to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment