Sunday 14 August 2011

Wow! I love Lufthansa!

I want all other airlines to take notes, please.

First, this plane is huge.  I mean I was in the 42nd row and there were ten more rows behind me.  But, I was lucky and got a window seat to check out everything.

Once we were in the air, the Flight Attendants came around with drinks.  I do not mean the usually pop, water and coffee, but alcoholic drinks, and it’s FREE.  Only minutes later we each get a snack and it’s FREE.  I am thinking this is great, but it gets better.

After, the Flight Attendants come around giving everyone a hot towel and it’s FREE.  Boy, does that ever feel nice.  This is service.  FYI, I am not in first class, I am in the back of the airplane.  

Soon it supper time, and once again it’s FREE and hot.  I had pasta with tomato sauce and peas, (who has peas with their pasta?). On the side there was rice, and a bun with cheese. For dessert, a brownie. 
                                                              
After dinner, the Flight Attendants come around with wine, and it’s FREE.  By this time, I have only been on the plane for 2 ½ hours, what’s next?


Everyone has a mini TV in front of them, with the latest movies, and it’s FREE.  I watch Kung Fa Panda 2, Gnomeo and Juliet and Furious Five.  What a selection of movies, TV shows and music to listen to. In addition, we each were given a set of headphones to use, it was Free.  I had my own of course, but the gesture was nice. 

I also slept for a bit, so the Flight Attendants could have come around with more stuff, but I might have missed that.

Come morning, we had a delicious breakfast.  Fresh fruit cup – Blueberries, Watermelon, Kiwi and Strawberries, a bun with cheese and a granola bar, with your choice of coffee, tea or juice.

Just, before we landed, everyone got a hot towel again.

Bonus, I was not freaked out about going over the ocean, like I thought I was going to be.  I guess I was too distracted with everything else.

So other airlines are you paying attention to this kind of service I received and it was all FREE. I think the other airlines need to get their act together right away. 

Oh I forgot to mention, we each got a pillow and a blanket for the trip to use, and it was FREE! This is a great start to a vacation.

Best part I take Lufthansa back home again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment